Health & Safety Policy & Review
Did you know that a written Health and Safety Policy is a legal requirement under the Health and Safety at Work Order 1978, for any company employing 5 or more staff?
What can we do?
Our Health and Safety Consultants can write or review your Health and Safety Policy to match the specific needs of your business.
Our bespoke Health and Safety policy documents will consist of three key sections:
- Statement of Intent
- What the company intends to achieve with regards to Health and Safety, its objectives, targets and goals. This should be signed by the most senior person in the business;
- Organisational Responsibilities
- who is responsible for what (risk assessments, audits, inspections etc);
- Arrangements for Implementation
- How the company is going to achieve its aims, the detailed procedures that will be followed to ensure staff remain safe and healthy.
Health and Safety Policies must be regularly reviewed and revised, and must be brought to the attention of all employees.
Many Health and Safety Policies in place are generic and do not cover the company’s specific needs. We can review and update your policy making it bespoke to you.